Element 22 offers three options to specify the Titanium material:
- Implantable grade Titanium acc. to ASTM F standards
- Element 22 company standards
- Customized specification: specify the desired properties yourself
Implantable Grade Titanium
The implantable Titanium MIM components are approved around the globe for implantation into the human body. These parts are manufactured and certified according to the following ASTM standards:
- ASTM F2989-13: Standard Specification for Metal Injection Molded Unalloyed Titanium Components for Surgical Implant Applications
- ASTM F2885-11: Standard Specification for Metal Injection Molded Titanium-6Aluminum-4Vanadium Components for Surgical Implant Applications
Element 22 company standards
If your application does require implantable grade titanium, the Titanium material can be specified according to our company standards.
Does your application require a special material property?
Tell us what you need and Element 22 will advise on feasibility.